According to a “flying get” report currently making the rounds on Japanese entertainment blogs, the main cast and staff for the upcoming Saiyuki RELOAD BLAST TV anime adaptation have been revealed.
According to the report, the main staff for Saiyuki RELOAD BLAST includes:
- Director: Hideaki Nakano (Aoharu x Machinegun)
- Series composition: Kenji Konuta (Library War)
- Character design: Youkou Satou (Dog & Scissors)
- Animation production: Platinum Vision (Servamp)
The main cast for Saiyuki RELOAD BLAST includes:
- Toshihiko Seki as Genjo Sanzo.
- Sōichirō Hoshi as Son Goku.
- Hiroaki Hirata as Sha Gojyo.
- And Akira Ishida as Cho Hakkai.
Please note that “flying get” reports are not official announcements, so the information contained therein should be taken as provisional and subject to correction.
Saiyuki RELOAD BLAST is the latest animated iteration of the long-running Saiyuki manga series by Kazuya Minekura, which re-imagines the heroes of the classic Chinese novel Journey to the West as handsome young men. Saiyuki has previously been adapted into animation numerous times, with the next most recent being 2011’s Saiyuki Gaiden OAVs.
Saiyuki RELOAD BLAST will begin broadcasting in July of 2017.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.